Swim Course 1.9kms
Swim course is a rectangular circuit. A deep water start adjacent to two green bouys in the front of the Taupo Yacht Club. Follow the inside (Left Hand side) orange bouys along the lake front turning around the last yellow bouy out into the lake (approximately 50m) then back along the yellow bouys in deeper water. Turning right around the last bouy (yellow) then into the beach. This is a clockwise direction. Once you exit the water, from the Taupo Yacht Club car park there is a 450m run along the Boat Harbour to the steps leading to transition (same as Ironman).
Bike Course 90kms
- Exit transition into Story Place, then right at the traffic lights onto Tongariro Street.
- Continue on to Lake Terrace along to State Highway 5.
- Left onto State Highway 5 (Napier Taupo Road), then left at Crown Road, just past the Hilton Lake Taupo Hotel.
- Turn Right at Miro Street, then right on to Broadlands Road.
- Follow Broadlands Road all the way out to Reporoa.
- Turn around at Reporoa and return to Taupo on Broadlands Road.
- Head down Tauhara Road on to Spa Road.
- Turn left on to Kaimanawa Road then right on to Lake Terrace. Turn right on to Tongariro Street then left on to Story Place at the traffic lights back in to transition.
Run Course 21.1kms
Leaving transition you turn right onto Story Place, then left into Redoubt Street and run down the hill alongside the Boat Harbour. Turn left into Ferry Road, then onto Lake Terrace where you will follow the road all the way out to Rainbow Drive. There will be a turn around point at the corner of Rainbow Drive and SH1 at which point you will return to transition following the Lions Walk back to town. Once through the Boat Harbour you will continue along Redoubt Street past the tennis courts, turn right back into the Tongariro Domain, before heading out for a 2nd lap of the run.